Website Terms and Conditions of Use
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on August 16, 2023.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These website terms and conditions of use for https://www.consolidatedcreditcanada.ca/ (the “Website” or this “site”), constitute a legal agreement and are entered into by and between you and Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”). The following terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”), govern your access to and use, including any content, functionality, products and services offered on or through the Website (the “Services”).
BY USING THE WEBSITE OR BY CLICKING TO ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT, FOUND AT https://www.consolidatedcreditcanada.ca/privacy-statement/, INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT MEET ALL OF THE FOREGOING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO THE WEBSITE
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise and update these terms and conditions from time to time. Any and all such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Website. You agree to periodically review the terms and conditions in order to be aware of any such modifications and your continued use shall be your acceptance of these. The information and material on this Website, and the Website may be changed, withdrawn or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ACCOUNT SET-UP AND SECURITY
Users are responsible for obtaining their own access to the Website and for the Website’s availability and performance. Users are required to ensure that all persons who access the Website through a user’s internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and comply with them. Users are responsible for any security breaches or performance issues relating to accessing the Website.
The Website including content or areas of the Website may require user registration. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current, and complete. Your provision of registration information and any submissions you make to the Website through any functionality such as live chat, e-mail, customer portal, profiles, and other such functions (collectively, “Interactive Functions”) constitutes your consent to all actions we take with respect to such information consistent with our Privacy Statement https://www.consolidatedcreditcanada.ca/privacy-statement/.
Any user name, password, or any other piece of information chosen by you or provided to you as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You understand and agree that should you be provided an account, your account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You are responsible for any password misuse or any unauthorized access.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, to disable or terminate your account, any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including any violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
You are prohibited from attempting to circumvent and from violating the security of this Website including without limitation:
- accessing content and data that is not intended for you;
- attempting to breach or breaching the security and/or authentication measures which are not authorized;
- restrict disrupt or disable service to users, hosts, servers or networks;
- disrupting network services and otherwise disrupting Website owner’s ability to monitor the Website;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, flooding, mailbombing or crashing; and
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP
You understand and agree that the Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including but not limited to all information, software, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, video, audio, design, presentation, selection, and arrangement, are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights.
The Company name (“Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc.”, “Consolidated Credit” and related words), the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, images and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs, images and slogans mentioned, or which appear on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such property, except as expressly authorized, shall constitute a violation of the rights of the property owner and may be a violation of federal or other laws and could subject the violator to legal action.
You may only use the Website and/or the Services for your personal and non-commercial use. Users are not permitted to modify copies of any materials from this Website nor delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Website. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website. If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our Website and/or the Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You have no right, title, or interest in or to the Website or to any content on the Website, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Website and/or the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
CONDITIONS OF USE AND USER SUBMISSIONS AND SITE CONTENT STANDARDS
As a condition of your access and use you agree that you may use the Website and the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The following content standards apply to any and all content, material, and information a user submits, posts, publishes, displays, or transmits (collectively, “submit”) to the Website, to other users or other persons (collectively, “User Submissions”) and any and all Interactive Functions. Any and all User Submissions must comply with all applicable federal, provincial, local, and international laws and regulations.
Without limiting the foregoing, you warrant and agree that your use of the Website, the Services and any User Submissions shall not:
- In any manner violate any applicable federal, provincial, local, or international law or regulation including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property, legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy of others) or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement https://www.consolidatedcreditcanada.ca/privacy-statement/;
- Include or contain any material that is exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such prohibited ground or be otherwise objectionable;
- Involve, provide or contribute any false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertisements or promotions without our prior written consent, commercial activities or sales, including without limitation any “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation;
- Include engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- Include causing annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act; and
- Give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
All charges payable by you for use of the Website and/or the Services provided therein shall be in accordance with the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by us on our Website or otherwise in writing to you, errors and omissions excepted, and shall be due and payable in accordance with the terms of our Client Services Agreement. You agree that, except where otherwise specified by the Company, these fees are not refundable on any basis. We reserve the right to alter pricing, including ceasing to offer elements of the Services. The Company will inform you in writing if the charge for a service is to be altered.
SITE MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
The Company has the right, without provision of notice to:
- Remove or refuse to post on the Website any User Submissions for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- At all times, to take such actions with respect to any User Submission deemed necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including without limitation, for violating the Website and User Submissions and Site Content Standards or Terms and Conditions;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, regulatory authority or harmed party for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website and/or the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website; and
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES RELATING TO ANY, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR SUCH PARTIES OR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We have no obligation, nor any responsibility to any party to monitor the Website or its use, and do not and cannot undertake to review material that you or other users submit to the Website. We cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted and we have no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party.
The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date. Your use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk and the Company has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this Website and the Services.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including from other users and third-party licensors. All statements and/or opinions expressed in any such third party content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. The Company is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any third party materials.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
For your convenience, this Website may provide links or pointers to third party sites. We make no representations about any other websites that may be accessed from this Website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk. We have no control over the contents of any such third party sites, and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third party sites.
The appearance of a link on the Company’s website does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or certification by the Company, nor should the presence of a link in any way be construed as a suggestion that the site has any relationship with the Company.
The owner of the Website is based in the Province of Ontario in Canada This site is not intended for use in any jurisdiction where its use is not permitted. If you access the site from outside Canada, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws of your jurisdiction.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY THE SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY AFFILIATES NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKES ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR ENDORSEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY AFFILIATES NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files or data available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are solely and entirely responsible for your use of the Website AND/OR THE SERVICES, and your computer, internet and data security.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OVERLOADING, FLOODING, MAILBOMBING OR CRASHING, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, LOGIC BOMBS, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF PRIVACY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE PARTY WAS ALLEGEDLY ADVISED OR HAD REASON TO KNOW, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, RELIANCE ON, THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, ANY LINKED WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, NOR ANY SITE CONTENT, MATERIALS, POSTING OR INFORMATION THEREON.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Submissions, third party sites, any use of the Website’s content, the Services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Website and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle or rule (whether of the laws of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction) and notwithstanding your domicile, residence or physical location.
Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Website and under these Terms and Conditions will be instituted in the courts of the province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue of such courts.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
The Terms and Conditions of this Website extend to the use of any and all social media pages on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn, or YouTube, or post any reviews or comments regarding your use of the Service on these social media services or third party websites, we ask you to follow the following guidelines:
- The Company reserves the right to remove, block and/or delete any comments or terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the social media accounts, for any reason in our sole discretion;
- By using any and all social media pages, you verify that all information submitted is accurate and factual. Negative comments and/or complaints posted by you may be construed as claims about the Company and may be subject to legal claims;
- You further agree to privatively contact the Company with any concerns or suggestions prior to, and in replace of, posting publicly.
No waiver under these Terms and Conditions is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party waiving its right. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from these Terms and Conditions operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege. If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. The Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc. regarding the Website and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, regarding such subject matter.